Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, Sept. 7th, at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Share | 

Lucky's,Pittburgh Raceway

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Lucky's,Pittburgh Raceway   February 27th 2010, 7:31 pm

These are 2 tracks that I have not been to. I was wondering how tough the tech inspection is at these tracks? pirat
Back to top Go down
TurboJoe
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's,Pittburgh Raceway   February 27th 2010, 7:45 pm

Where is Lucky's located?
Back to top Go down
http://www.qedrc.com

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's,Pittburgh Raceway   February 27th 2010, 8:01 pm

PRP tech is just like any other track, quaker/thompson/etc. They did complain about me not having open lugs on the front wheels though last time I was there, no biggy, but they wanted to see how much stud was hanging thru them. PRP's lanes are confusing the first time you go, but the track surface is awesome...

Lucky's in Erie is a joke. Tech is about the same as Sunset. If it rolls of the trailer, you're good to go. Track has no walls and the grandstands are right off the roadway. Trees all over the shutdown area. If you loose control up there, you're probably going to either kill someone or die. Sunset hooks better on any day.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's,Pittburgh Raceway   February 27th 2010, 8:06 pm

I,m told that PRP has a short shutdown but everyone agree,s with Lil Z the track bite is good Now as far as luckyland is concerned it is a dictatorship and if the track is not sprayed it is slick !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's,Pittburgh Raceway   February 27th 2010, 8:28 pm

He also can get drunk an will allow multiple bybacks, its good if your loosing an want back in but if your having a good day an winning I've seen him let his pals in 3 times. Its hard to beat someone that keeps cvoming back. Its a good time if ya don't take it too serious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's,Pittburgh Raceway   February 27th 2010, 8:37 pm

PRP has a long shutdown, they added on years ago...We've never had any trouble stopping down there. Hell, they got 3 turnoffs...
Back to top Go down
moterhead
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's,Pittburgh Raceway   February 27th 2010, 8:46 pm

turbowanabe wrote:
It's in Lowellville Pa. a little bit north and east of Erie. (Not sure if I spelled it correctly.) I used to go there frequently,it's 99.5 miles from my house. Just like described previously, anything goes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's,Pittburgh Raceway   February 27th 2010, 9:10 pm

moterhead wrote:
turbowanabe wrote:
It's in Lowellville Pa. a little bit north and east of Erie. (Not sure if I spelled it correctly.) I used to go there frequently,it's 99.5 miles from my house. Just like described previously, anything goes.

South East of Erie, 10 miles south on Rt 8. North east will put ya in the big pond somewhereLOL.
Back to top Go down
moterhead
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's,Pittburgh Raceway   February 28th 2010, 12:47 am

oops, I guess I was thinking about racing one of Skips boats. Mr Z is correct, Luckys is located on dry land.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's,Pittburgh Raceway   February 28th 2010, 2:31 pm

amac wrote:
I,m told that PRP has a short shutdown but everyone agree,s with Lil Z the track bite is good Now as far as luckyland is concerned it is a dictatorship and if the track is not sprayed it is slick !
Luckyland.....did Michael Jackson live there. I hope we can get a group together this year to check out one of these tracks.
Back to top Go down
JoeyD
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's,Pittburgh Raceway   February 28th 2010, 3:04 pm

If I remember correctly, Luckys does have a wall past the grandstand, I never had a problem hooking or getting stopped there but I wasnt going all that fast then either, its about the same as going to Sunset, if you're part of the (click) then you can do as you want. As far as the track itself goes, it has Sunset beat hands down unless you enjoy the jumps & no shutdown that Sunset has to offer!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's,Pittburgh Raceway   February 28th 2010, 5:06 pm

You guys are fortunate the first dragstrip I went down was Summerduck dragastrip in VA. in 1975 I had a 67 camaro the wet box was a creek that ran over the start of the track lol and the track went uphill and my first pass I broke my seat and pulled the shifter loose from the floor then I filled my britches lol but everyone at the track that day will tell you I never lifted lol
Back to top Go down
JoeyD
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's,Pittburgh Raceway   February 28th 2010, 5:24 pm

amac wrote:
I will say that i have seen them spray the track at Luckys, when does Alex even let anyone use VHT even if you supply it yourself?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's,Pittburgh Raceway   February 28th 2010, 5:34 pm

JoeyD wrote:
amac wrote:
I will say that i have seen them spray the track at Luckys, when does Alex even let anyone use VHT even if you supply it yourself?
When Bill was around....
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's,Pittburgh Raceway   February 28th 2010, 5:38 pm

Lucky makes you do you,re burn outs in two potholes then you drag water up on the launch and spin like crazy.If he lets you burn across the line it,s not to bad and some days he will and some days he won,t.
Back to top Go down
JoeyD
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's,Pittburgh Raceway   February 28th 2010, 6:12 pm

I agree with both of you, yes Bill did spray it, the starting line, & yes at Luckys you have to do your burnout on his cement pad after you go thru the water potholes, im not saying that Luckys is the greatest track but as far as track surface & shutdown, if you dont think its better than Sunset you bumped your head! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's,Pittburgh Raceway   

Back to top Go down

Lucky's,Pittburgh Raceway
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Lounge-
Jump to: