Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, Sept. 7th, at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Share | 

8.90 Thompson race

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   May 31st 2010, 7:36 pm

Nice pictures Pineapple. I should be at the next one in July!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   June 29th 2010, 11:07 pm

Some nice pic's from the 8.90 race...pic #86 is Mr. Z and you must check out picture #137 that's meeee....that was one hooking track! http://www.bigalslist.com/pictures/2010pictures/thompson052910/BigAlPicViewer.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   July 6th 2010, 8:07 pm

We're going National!!! Here's a quote from Tom Cowle on Yellow Bullet, an thanks Andamo for any help ya had in this.

tom_cowle
Smoked another BBC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Monday July 19th the Radio Station WMVL 101.7 FM, www.cool1017online.com is going to be spot lighting the RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION during its 'RACING TALK' talk radio program from 6 to 8pm. About halfway thru the show we'll be hitting the airwaves talking up the SPONSORS, the RACERS and the RACING ACTION.

One of the co-hosts, Tom Lang saw our last show and really liked the format, the cars, and the crowds appeal for the series and he wanted to help promote the series on his show. Please listen in and participate to help promote our series to a larger crowd.

CLASS SPONSORS
Ultratech Race Cars, Goodyear Tire & Rubber, FireCore 50 Wires, Skippy Did It Race Cars, Ashcraft Speed and Marine, TI Dyno, JOHNBOY PHOTOGRAPHY and more to be announced in the near future.

NEW SPONSORS --- MORRIS FAMILY CHIROPRACTIC and Shearer Fabrications

TEST RACE – May 15th
May 29th – Asphalt Wars Night
July 24th – Asphalt Wars Night
August 28th – Asphalt Wars Night
September 18th - RENEGADE FINALS

tom_cowle
View Public Profile
Send a private message to tom_cowle
Find More Posts by tom_cowle
Add tom_cowle to Your Contacts

Today, 06:07 PM #111
Tom Lang
Burnout box

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The show is called High Octane Racetalk, the call in line is 814-333-9011. You can listen on line using the link Tom provided above. The show covers a lot of dirt track stuff mainly because all the advertisers on the show are dirt tracks and we owe it to them to provide coverage. But we never turn away a call. If we are in the middle of a press release we stop to take a call. So I am going to issue a little challenge here. We are going to have Tom Cowle on the show starting after our 7PM news break. If you guys & gals keep the phone line lit with intelligent drag racing conversation we will stay with the drag coverage as long as it lasts.
Please remember it's not the internet, it's a family show, so please keep it clean.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   July 20th 2010, 10:18 pm

Next saturday is race day agin for the Renegade racing assoc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   July 21st 2010, 8:40 am

Don, thanks go out to you also. Tom Lang contacted me about the 8.90 class asking me if I knew any of the racers and I contacted you. You gave me Tom Cowles name and I called him explaining what Tom Lang wanted to set up and it all took off from there.
I hope the weather holds out and I'll see you guys on Saturday. I actually get to sit in the stands and watch some racing this time. Kevin has to be in Washington DC on Saturday and Carl is racing at Columbus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   July 21st 2010, 9:21 am

Mr Z wrote:
Next saturday is race day agin for the Renegade racing assoc.
I'm hoping to be there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   July 21st 2010, 3:55 pm

We'll be there with both cars this time!!!!
Back to top Go down
MonteMike79

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   July 25th 2010, 9:17 am

How'd you guys run ? I wanted to go but couldn't find a sitter for the kids, so I couldn't go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   July 25th 2010, 7:52 pm

Was it ever HOT!! 13 cars showed up to race even in the extreme heat, the heat index was 105 at the track, don't have any other racing weather stats sense I'm just a local honest weatherman an not a high fallooting knowledgeable lieing SOB like on TV. Anyways back to the race, the heat was hurting everyone, there were only 7 cars between 8.94 an 9.07, they were off the number a little. But the ole Z just loved it, we ran a 9.02 first qualifying, made washer adjustment ( the Z's favorite method of tuning ) an put down a 8.945 to take the #1 Qualifying spot ($100 bonus), some guys were lobbying for a 3rd round of qualifying sense the heat was taking em off the numbers they wanted so the officials granted it an the ole Z put down another 8.942 to hold the #1 spot. We got back in the lanes for eliminations an soon as we got the helmets on a downpour halted the race for an hour. They cancelled the rest of Asphalt Wars an asked us if we wanted to cancel or run 1/8 mile, they also ran the bracket race 1/8 for the rest of the night. So we had to run 5.70 which was the 1/8 mile conversion index. Some guys were a little off that but the ole Z put down a 5.73 in the first round right before dark. The next round was cooling slightly an we broke out with a 5.66 in the quarter finals. LilZ has a needle an seat sticking shut in the secondarys which cause a leanout/surge condition so he was down on his numbers cause he been running out of fuel in the back boal, hopefully a new seat will gain him his lost ET. Overall we had lots of fun as we always do racing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   July 25th 2010, 8:23 pm

Don, glad you always keep a positive spin on unfortuate situations. In the weeks leading up to this 8.90 race, I was hearing that over 30 cars were going to show up. I hope it was just the brutal weather that kept folks away.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   July 25th 2010, 9:12 pm

Everyone thought the weather kept some away too, we all were expecting quite a few racers. It was the hotest I can remember sense lilZ was at MIR Pinks a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   July 25th 2010, 9:16 pm

Congrats Don the Z is just struttin her stuff even in the heat but I do have a question you say you,re adding washers to slow down and I,ve taken every washer I can out of the monza and it don,t go no faster?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   July 25th 2010, 9:29 pm

I got a bolt an stack of washers I put unbder the throttle peddle to get to the index, when I ran the 9.02 I took out a thin washer, about .020 thick an gained 8 hundreds ET. I'm learning as I go with em an washers are lots cheaper than fancy electronics. There's more than one way to skin a cat !
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   July 26th 2010, 7:41 am

The old homemade throttle stop I see,only problem I have is getting past the point where I need to stop the throttle LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   July 26th 2010, 10:15 pm

what ya going to do when the air gets better this fall and you dont have any more washers, disconnect the 4 barrell!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   July 26th 2010, 10:25 pm

My needle and seat on the secondaries was stuck shut and surged a bunch really bad...I know that I can run a 1.41 60', 6.38 @ 107 in the 1/8 and 10.02 @ 136 in the 1/4 with my primaries...getting all this mess cleaned up and hopefully getting the secondaries helping out a bit.

The guy that had my carb before me did a home made notch job on the rear float. The foamy stuff from inside the float is all through the rear bowl and stuck the needle/seat shut. New parts are on the way now! I ordered the correct float and needle/seat to try out.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   July 27th 2010, 7:46 am

Half a carb will really slow you down L Z look at me I got half a colon and I,m slowing down too LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   July 27th 2010, 7:45 pm

B Slow wrote:
what ya going to do when the air gets better this fall and you dont have any more washers, disconnect the 4 barrell!!!

I was thinking of maybe building a fire under the hood to ruin air quality or just adding weight, which ever proves to be more consistent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   July 27th 2010, 9:58 pm

I like the way your are thinking, if I was you I wood try using horse poo in the rear of the car for better weight distribution... or try a dead skunk tied to rear bumper, maybe both...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 23rd 2010, 8:31 pm

Head count for Saturdays Asphalt Wars an Renegade Racing Ass. I gotta know how many parking spots to save along the fence. So far Lil Z, Pineapple, an Myself(Mr Z). B-Slow are ya in? Anyone else? YooooHoooo ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 23rd 2010, 9:44 pm

yeahaa lets go!!! come on for the cooler weather... what time we leaving???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 24th 2010, 6:05 am

I talked to a fellow from Butler who runs a 68-71 Nova blue with a vinyl top, believe his first name is Ralph. He said he was coming up to Thompson to race in the 8.90 class.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 24th 2010, 7:22 pm

leaving around 8:00am . Ralph races the 8.90 most times Andamo, I've talked to him. Nice Nova too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 25th 2010, 7:37 pm

Tom Lang will be dropping off free tickets to the ADRL race at Norwalk in Sept. at the Renegade Warriors table/tent this Saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 25th 2010, 7:38 pm

We'll be there. Rossler is finishing up my new tranny just about now....gonna be an all nighter on Friday putting it back together, but I'll be there come hell or high water!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   

Back to top Go down

8.90 Thompson race
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Racing-
Jump to: