Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, July 6th, at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Share | 

8.90 Thompson race

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 25th 2010, 7:42 pm

I'll see you there.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 25th 2010, 8:12 pm

pineapple wrote:
I'll see you there.....

Can't wait. lets get an early start to get the fence row parking spots
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 25th 2010, 8:47 pm

Don, I'm on my way up now to put up some crime scene tape along the fence. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 25th 2010, 8:59 pm

Pour some Catsup on the gravel an laydown on the road an have someone trace your body outline with chalk, I'll bet no one will park there,lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 25th 2010, 9:42 pm

Can't wait for Saturday. Maybe I'll break into the 8's. Maybe not, but we'll be having fun no matter what. The future Mrs. Little Z will be attending also since she doesn't have to work this weekend. Hope to see some of you there. Still planning on making the trip Dan? I can't go to PRP friday since I gotta put this tranny in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 26th 2010, 12:05 am

yeeeeeehaaaaaaaa! hopefully one of us can come home with some thompson $$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!! I no that I am long over due this year!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 26th 2010, 5:17 am

Don, yes I'm planning on coming up. Carl is racing this weekend at a NHRA divisonal meet so I'll have to pick up some of his duties Friday night. Since it's the last Asphalt Wars race of the season, I'd like to see those cars race plus I've never been able to see you 8.90 guys race. It looks like the weather will be super so I hope there is a big turnout of the 8.90 cars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 29th 2010, 10:11 am

If you wanted traction then Thompson was the place to be yesterday! I lost in the 1st round dialing in 11.59 and running a malibu best of 11.50 on the BREAKS! Another best was a 1.56 60' and a 7.29 1/8 time....with 28lbs. of air in the 255/60-15 drag radials, the car still hooked dead...Congrats to Mr.Z for getting into the semi finals and Little Z for almost getting there....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 29th 2010, 10:23 am

It was great seeing all you guys yesterday at Thompson. It was a nice turn-out of all the classes. Congrats to Mr. Z on getting to the semis.

Don Jr. I can only assume the car is still surging. I left after the 1st round of so I didn't get a chance to ask you something. Do you think the gauge you use to set your fuel pressure is correct ? If the gauge is off just 1#, that can make a difference.

Looking forward to the 8.90 finals race next month. Besides the doorslammers in the Asphalt Wars, you guys in the 8.90 class are the kewlest class going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 29th 2010, 7:02 pm

pineapple wrote:
If you wanted traction then Thompson was the place to be yesterday! I lost in the 1st round dialing in 11.59 and running a malibu best of 11.50 on the BREAKS! Another best was a 1.56 60' and a 7.29 1/8 time....with 28lbs. of air in the 255/60-15 drag radials, the car still hooked dead...Congrats to Mr.Z for getting into the semi finals and Little Z for almost getting there....

Way to go Pineapple! You would have hit the 11.4?'s if you'd a got another round, the air got even better the later in the night. Thanks for the help on the starting line, we couldn't have won some of those rounds without you being there guiding us.

It was the biggest gathering of Asphalt War cars in the history of the race, I ain't sure of the number but heard it announced by Curtis.

Lil Z ended up in 5th spot in the Quarter finals an I was 3rd in the semi's, good tight racing ain't the word. Lil Z won by .002 in one round an lost by .003 in another. He'll post the ET's but I know he beat a fellow to the finish line that was faster by almost a tenth than him, TREEEEED him bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 29th 2010, 7:52 pm

when is the last 8.90 race going to be???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 29th 2010, 9:31 pm

Had alot of fun this weekend. It was great seeing Dan, Pineapple, and Mindy. Racing and spectating were both great, and couldn't have asked for a better day. We flowed the fuel today Dan, and lack of fuel is definitely not the issue. To electronics we go I think.

The last race is Sept 18th, we will not be there as that's the wedding day.

I ran a bunch of new bests, with the car still surging pretty good. New best is a 6.11 @ 115 mph in the eighth and a 9.52 @ 143 in the 1/4 mile. Hopefully I can get this surge out and get to the 9.00's or close.

In the first round I treed a fellow and won the race with a 9.52 to a losing 9.43. In the quarter finals I lost to another guy by 0.0039 running another 9.52. It was so close both rounds that I didn't know who won until I got the tickets. My oponent in the quarter's threw a rod through the pan at the traps and didn't make the semi's...wish I woulda inched him out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 29th 2010, 9:56 pm

Don't know who the ugly dude in this is at the beginning, but he got the club some more exposure, haha!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hB7DBhhqCU
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 30th 2010, 7:26 am

Who could miss that T shirt lol Thompson was the place to be, looks like you guys had a real good time.
Hope you get that surge out L Z something like that will drive you crazy until you find it bounce
I know you have had a thousand suggestions but did you check the metering block and venturie ports when you changed the needle and seat I saw a loose downleg booster do that once we all thought it was fuel pressure too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 30th 2010, 3:44 pm

Skip, I bolted dad's carb on and it does the same thing so I don't believe it's a fuel related issue at this point....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 30th 2010, 10:39 pm

Pictures from Saturday start on Page 9

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273638
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 30th 2010, 10:40 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 30th 2010, 10:42 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 30th 2010, 10:42 pm

There's some that Johnboy at Thompson took of me and Dad representing!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 31st 2010, 8:03 am

Hanging the hoops what better way to represent !!! Pure HP gotta love it.
Congrats to the Turners for showing their stuff. Not to often you see a father and sons at the track with all that going on !!! Oh and Mrs Z as well Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 31st 2010, 7:05 pm

1.239/60ft . I had the bolt n 3 washers in an 150# out back to slow the ole girl down. ya otta see her go when she's on the hose with the sissy bars on out back! Wait till we get lilZ's figured out, he'll be needing sissy bars too .
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 31st 2010, 7:36 pm

Great Pictures !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 31st 2010, 8:46 pm

The 8.90 deal is the most fun I've ever had racing hands down. Great people, great company, great to be with family hanging out and going fast. Like Dad said earlier on, we gotta thank Pineapple and Mindy for coming out too. It was great listening to him run it out the back door with the 11.59 dial, knowing full well his oponent slept on the tree and was no match (the whole place was saying lift, lift, lift). I seen the 11.50 and laughed all the way to the trailer on my walk back. I knew the 11.5? pass was more important than that round. That's what it's all about to me right there. Having fun, win or lose. Thanks for getting us into the water box and all the moral support through out the day Pineapple. We had a blast!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 31st 2010, 9:25 pm

Little Z28 wrote:
The 8.90 deal is the most fun I've ever had racing hands down. Great people, great company, great to be with family hanging out and going fast. Like Dad said earlier on, we gotta thank Pineapple and Mindy for coming out too. It was great listening to him run it out the back door with the 11.59 dial, knowing full well his oponent slept on the tree and was no match (the whole place was saying lift, lift, lift). I seen the 11.50 and laughed all the way to the trailer on my walk back. I knew the 11.5? pass was more important than that round. That's what it's all about to me right there. Having fun, win or lose. Thanks for getting us into the water box and all the moral support through out the day Pineapple. We had a blast!!
We had a great time with the Z camp and talking with Andmo....The one regret was that I did hit the brakes thinking I could go another round and get some of that cool weather...We still have lot's of racing left for 2010 so maybe next time? cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   August 31st 2010, 9:34 pm

It is always a pleasure hanging out with Dan. I'm glad we finally met up after all the years of online chatting. I see an 11.48 or so in the near future. Lots of good weather ahead for that I'm sure....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8.90 Thompson race   

Back to top Go down

8.90 Thompson race
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Racing-
Jump to: