Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, Dec. 7th at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Share | 

Thunder at the Lube

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Thunder at the Lube   July 4th 2010, 6:10 pm

Ok everybody lets go for it Thunder at the Lube friday night 6:00 pm to ? bring drag cars or your street cars but lets try to have a good turnout the weather should be good {but you know how that goes} and we know the food will be good !!! Quaker Steak and Lube Friday Night then hit the tracks sat and sun Ha.
Back to top Go down
NovaStreetmachine

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 4th 2010, 6:51 pm

Well, that weekend we have the.....just kidding...lol. It actually looks like a great Friday for it. Just hope the nice weather keeps coming.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/pa/streetmachinezz

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 4th 2010, 7:47 pm

NovaStreetmachine wrote:
Well, that weekend we have the.....just kidding...lol. It actually looks like a great Friday for it. Just hope the nice weather keeps coming.
We were waiting for a post like that scratch Amac are you calling the phone list or should I?
Back to top Go down
NovaStreetmachine

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 4th 2010, 11:00 pm

It was the sun and smell of rubber smokin' at Back to 50s that got to me...sorry....lol

I however plan on showing up at the Lube Friday to check out some HP.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 5th 2010, 7:05 pm

Heck I think it will be a good time Mike and I have called everybody so if the weather holds out we should be able to show Sharon what horsepower is all about thanks to Quaker Steak and Lube for giving us the space to do it Laughing
Back to top Go down
chevy2kid
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 5th 2010, 8:09 pm

ill be there with the s 10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 7th 2010, 1:01 pm

amac wrote:
Ok everybody lets go for it Thunder at the Lube friday night 6:00 pm to ? bring drag cars or your street cars but lets try to have a good turnout the weather should be good {but you know how that goes} and we know the food will be good !!! Quaker Steak and Lube Friday Night then hit the tracks sat and sun Ha.
WE WILL NOT be going to the lube this friday due to rain. Wet roads and slicks don't mix and with a 60% chance of rain we don't want to take that chance! http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/16125
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 7th 2010, 7:23 pm

Lots of folks car cruise in the rain -, leave the slicks at home an take the street cars down an have fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 7th 2010, 7:30 pm

You think the weatherman is right in his prediction two days prior to the cruise??? I may have been born in the dark, but it wasn't last night. They don't know what it's gonna do until Friday around noonish....by that time folks in Western Ohio will be reporting so that the yayhooos in PA can have a 50/50 chance of getting it right....
Back to top Go down
NovaStreetmachine

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 7th 2010, 9:45 pm

On June 4th, I cruised to Wexford, Pa from Hillsville, Pa for Chevy night. Got light sprinkle on the way down. When arriving it was sunny as can be but show was cancelled due to rain foreseen. I never trust the old weatherman. What will be will be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 7th 2010, 9:57 pm

I van't tell ya how many times its rained at my house an Sunset has raced just 15 minutes away. Its hit an miss in the summer if its not wide spread rain it won'y last long. I think they have a car cruise Fridays anyways so who would want could still head down an meet up for some BS. If I werent going to Columbus I'd tide down a do some bragging about dragging.
Back to top Go down
NovaStreetmachine

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 7th 2010, 10:00 pm

They do have a regular car cruise every Friday. Where I live, it seems like all rain either goes north or south of me. As if it splits over in Boardman...lol. Wouldn't be the first time my ride has seen rain....won't be the last...but definately understand about the slicks and wet roads.
Back to top Go down
chevy2kid
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 8th 2010, 1:42 am

pineapple wrote:
amac wrote:
WE WILL NOT be going to the lube this friday due to rain. Wet roads and slicks don't mix and with a 60% chance of rain we don't want to take that chance! http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/16125

i got one thing to ask....... who is "we" did the club meet or vote on it?
drag cars are towed in. you dont run them down the freeway. street car are called street cars because they are street legal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 8th 2010, 6:58 am

chevy2kid wrote:
pineapple wrote:
amac wrote:

drag cars are towed in. you dont run them down the freeway. street car are called street cars because they are street legal.
Amac and I wanted to have a good club turnout and with a 60% chance of rain we thought it would be better to plan another date for the future. Some of our members that work evening shifts must put their vacation request in advance and this is why we did not wait til the last minute to let you all know. The Quaker Steak & Lube has a cruise in every friday weather we show up or not...I'm sure you are still welcomed to join them rain or shine.....My wife and I were planning on driving both cars but with dot street slicks and a spool we will not take the chance.
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 8th 2010, 8:49 am

We , Skip and Me are in Va. due to Family Business ....wish the Club would go ahead and make a showing at QS&L, thunder at the Lube ....we will make it at another Friday night !
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 9th 2010, 9:15 am

chevy2kid wrote:
i got one thing to ask....... who is "we" did the club meet or vote on it? [/quote]

It seems to me that one person is making alot of decisions
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 10th 2010, 8:29 am

This Car Club was set up so No one person was any more important than another, this was done so the members didnt have to wait on another member !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 11th 2010, 7:34 pm

Toot wrote:
chevy2kid wrote:

It seems to me that one person is making alot of decisions [/quote]

This has got to stop, Events should run there course , Good or Bad, lots of others may have enjoyed it or only had plans to attend one thing with no other plans at all. Three events in the past 6 weeks or so have been derailed because someone didnt want to go an called em off, its not fair to others to do that, they may have had fun. We should only start these things up an if ya don't want to come no big deal, many others will. Thats the great thing of having many members with a variety of interests, the club will prosper this way, cancelations should be voted on at meetings only, we will loose credibility if we cancel more events, no one will plan on coming to anything for fear it will not happen.. I'm not bashing anyone here just offering some good sensible advise so everyone has as much fun as possible with their cars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 11th 2010, 9:01 pm

Just my two cents, but alot of credibility has been lost in my book and I will certainly not go out of my way in the future to attend anything. If it fits the schedule fine, but otherwise, I won't be making plans to attend club events that continue to be cancelled....

In my opinion, if anything is declared a "club" event, it should be voted on prior to the event at a meeting, or as a pole on the website. After the majority establishes a day and time, "club" events cannot be cancelled unless another meeting or pole closes it down.

Otherwise, quit trying to be a high-and mighty car club with everyone in attendance at everything. Everyone going and doing their own thing is what will make the club large and fun. So far, in my opinion, the best thing this summer with the club was the day at Lucky's. It wasnt' an official "club" event, but by golly a bunch of people had a damn good time. Thanks for Mike and Renae (spelling, sorry) Blair for just posting where they were going. Lots of friends happened to follow and that's what its all about. It was a good day or TNT and food and friends.....we even acquired some new folks from that event....

It's one thing to post that you as an individual are not going to something after you said you were going, that's alright. But to cancel an event because one or two people can't make it, screw that.....
Back to top Go down
speedracer

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 11th 2010, 11:18 pm

Seems to me the only reason friday was cancelled was for rain, not who could or couldn't make it. Trying to set up something up, other than an "official" club event , between club meetings needs a little lead time. amac "suggested" we get together as a club at the Lube. If we are to be the "official" car club of the Lube, we need to support them other than just having the meetings there. I was at the Lube June 25 after stopping at Tic Toc. The lot at Tic Toc was jammed, while the Lube had maybe 12 cars. The trip to Luckys looked like fun. Toot has been to Magnolia a couple of time , that looks like a good time too. I think everybody wants to share the good times with other club members.
just my 2 cents.
speedracer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 12th 2010, 8:07 am

amac wrote:
Heck I think it will be a good time Mike and I have called everybody so if the weather holds out we should be able to show Sharon what horsepower is all about thanks to Quaker Steak and Lube for giving us the space to do it Laughing
Wow, to begin with maybe I do get to involved with the club. Amac and I started this club in nov 09. Amac came up with the name and I came up with the logo prototype. I did alot of research for the club rules by talking to alot of the people who had run car clubs, the internet and people involved with clubs and one of those rules were No Presidents. When Amac got sick a few months ago I kinda tried to pick up the slack in doing the little things that need to be done like a phone tree,sign in book,and ordering shirts and decals for the club. I have run 2 out of the last 5 meeting and would love to have someone else take the next 5...the food at the lube sure taste better when it is hot! As for the Cruise at the lube...this was never voted on (read the 1st post on this thread) just thrown together. On wed. I recieved a call from Amac wed. morning that he and Rocky were leaving for va. to try and sell his boats and did not know if he was going to be back by friday. Since I called 40+ members and Amac called the rest I felt some responsibity in calling off the cruise since they called for 60% and then 80% chance of rain, or like Mr. Z would say "dang it's raining hard out here!" To who ever posted the jumpy girl on the announcement I think this is not a good idea. We have ladies on this site...
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 12th 2010, 8:23 am

"Growing pains " Hope Learn from our mistakes and move on !

Little Z: Sorry The Club lost creditability with you or anybody else.
I was not at Lucky's but plan on going this summer However The Race we
had Sunset in my opinion was best so far.

Speedracer: I have been going Magnolia because I live in between Sunset and Magnolia that and that track hooks I can pop a wheelie there!
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 12th 2010, 8:29 am

You Know I posted The " Jumpy Girl " So I will start a poll to see if says or go's

and Thanks for all that you do Pineapple
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   July 14th 2010, 9:38 am

I,m sorry that I left before the lube but plans changed and not only did I have some of my own things to do My 72 yr. old father needed a hand and the Doc had already shot me down till the following monday so I could not do anything anyway and that was unexpected!!! I,m almost finshed here and hope to be back soon. Everyone has good points but the fact that this club is bigger than any [one or two members] still remains so when the events are planned they should follow through,thats my two cents but lets move on and have fun the Doc has released me and I will be back on the track soon and loving it!!! I have already ripped the boats loose and no problems . Not to mention working for another MacGregor 8to 10 hours a day for about five days straight that guy is worse than the boss I have at the shop lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thunder at the Lube   

Back to top Go down

Thunder at the Lube
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Club Meetings and Activities-
Jump to: