Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, July 6th, at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Share | 

Pittsburgh Pro Mods

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Pittsburgh Pro Mods   July 4th 2010, 7:47 pm

I just wanted to let you know, the Pittsburgh Pro Mods will be racing this Friday evening at Pittsburgh Raceway Park in New Alexandria. There will also be a Box/No Box race paying $600 to win in each class, $200 RU and $75 in the semis. It's $30 to race in either catagory. The track will be prepped to the max so traction won't be a issue. If anyone needs directions or has any questions, contact me and I'll try and help. Gates open at 5:00, first TT's at 6:00, the first of 2 qualifying rounds for the PPM class is at 6:30. The PPM race is the same as the Asphalt Wars and Door Wars with a 8 car qualified field, Pro Tree, heads-up 1/8th mile racing. AND, the first door car into the 3's gets $1000 !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Pro Mods   July 4th 2010, 8:08 pm

Good Luck to you guys an the Marion Docks all Motor car, you can win it .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Pro Mods   July 4th 2010, 8:17 pm

X2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Pro Mods   July 5th 2010, 6:26 am

Thanks guys. We're not near as quick as some of the cars, but we've been lucky enough to qualify. The Marion Docks car won't be at this race since Kevin has a wedding to attend, so Rob and I will be helping Bob Schmidt with his Camaro. The TH400 should be back this week, so it'll be going back in. So for the Door Wars race at Norwalk we'll have the TH400 back in, new tires and we're switching to the Q16 gas. This is in preparation for the ADRL race at the end of the month at Gateway International near St. Louis. We're the new kids on the block racing with them and we need to get into the teens to try and least qualify.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Pro Mods   July 7th 2010, 12:28 pm

I'm thinking about heading out to PRP to watch friday night on my way home to mom and dads...If I do, I'll see you there Dan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Pro Mods   July 7th 2010, 1:53 pm

Don, that's great to hear. I'll be getting there around 4:00 to help Bob but there is a chance of rain Friday so give me your cell again and I'll call if they cancel.
I talked with a fellow from Butler today that races in the 8.90 Renegade Warriors races and he's saying they have commitments from 30 cars for the Thompson race. He has a beautiful 68-70 blue Nova and is in the process of putting Big Chief heads on the 632 along with a little juice. His name is Ralph if that's any help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Pro Mods   July 7th 2010, 5:53 pm

Dan, my number is 724-815-6498. I know Ralph's car to see it from being at Thompson a few times last year and this year, but have never met him. I agree, it is an awesome, clean little nova. If the weather holds out I may see you on Friday, we'll see...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Pro Mods   July 8th 2010, 8:46 pm

Not looking like I'm gonna be able to make it tomorrow night. I gotta do some work on the fiance's car and gotta work until at least 5. By the time I get through with all of that, I probably won't even make it home until Saturday morning...ughhh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Pro Mods   July 9th 2010, 6:00 am

Don, we were out at the track last night for T&T night. Kevin had sold his '67 Camaro and wanted to show the new owner some things about the car. With a 60% chance of rain and a muscle cramp in my leg, I don't think I'm going either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Pro Mods   July 11th 2010, 2:54 pm

The Pittsburgh Pro Mod race was rained out Friday evening, so it was pushed to Saturday to be run with the regular program. We had 8 Pro Mod type cars show up to race. Last year the track offered $1000 to the first door car in the 3's and Andy Jensen with his 427 turboed Camaro broke into the 3's with a 3.956 in the first round of qualifying. Congrats to Andy and his crew on this feat. Andy's 60' time on the record run was a .971 ! I guess we hold the honor ? of being in the other lane when Andy broke the record. I was videoing the run from the stands and I could see that land based missle of his taking off. The track was good and we went a 4.34 in the first round beside Jensen, changed the jets for the second round and went a 4.32. We ended up 3rd in qualifying. Our first round opponent broke in the second session, so we got a bye and went a 4.34. In the semis we developed an fuel leak after the burn-out and shut it off. But overall it was a good test session with the new tires and the car went straight as a string. The switch to the Q16 gasoline didn't seem to help like we thought it would and we're now thinking we need to switch to 4.30 gears and hopefully the TH400 will be back soon. A caution to anyone contemplating using the VP Q16 fuel...........worst smelling fuel we all ever smelled ! There is so much of the MTBE oxygen compound in the gas, the plugs look new after every pass and the motor builds heat quickly ! Also, the cost of it will max out your VISA card REAL quick. lol
Dan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Pro Mods   

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh Pro Mods
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Racing-
Jump to: