Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, Sept. 7th, at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Share | 

True 10.5/Drag radial class

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: True 10.5/Drag radial class   July 20th 2010, 10:26 pm

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264620

anyone interested in a class like this let em know on the bullet, the guys at Thompson are trying to get a Heads Up series started one piece at a time. Lets show em some support all you racers. what ya gonna do for fun if Sunset aint open in the future, KNIT Quilts !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True 10.5/Drag radial class   July 21st 2010, 8:33 am

Look at the success the 5 classes have at the Friday Night Chaos race at Norwalk. Thompson already has 3 of those classes in place, if you include the 8.90 deal, with the Asphalt Wars series. Adding the Drag Radial and Outlaw 10.5 would be great for Thompson.
Would the Renegade Warriors and Street Assassin cars be able to run either series ? I thought the Renegade Warriors were started because of nit picking rule changes at Norwalk.
The draw back I see is funding the 2 new classes with prize monies. I know Dave Roemer and the track fund the 2 Asphalt Wars classes at Thompson and I'm assuming the 8.90 deal is self funded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True 10.5/Drag radial class   July 21st 2010, 8:14 pm

when knitting a quilt, can you red light or run under your dial... how much racing fuel does a quilt knitter

have to drink??? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True 10.5/Drag radial class   July 21st 2010, 8:20 pm

They would prolly run it similar as the 8.90 class my guess. I'd like to see more HeadsUp stuff closer to home. I like the Asphalt Wars alot an would like to see some regular factory looking stuff getting it done too. The limited street type cars would appear Stock from a distance like the 8.90 cars but run from 4.50-5.50 ET 1/8 an very much outta control like the Pro Mods.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True 10.5/Drag radial class   July 21st 2010, 8:25 pm

B Slow wrote:
when knitting a quilt, can you red light or run under your dial... how much racing fuel does a quilt knitter

have to drink??? Very Happy

I think the biggest problem would be Timing, its critical when knitting to keep your knitting needles in time or ya might gett detonation an light your quilt on fire, ya should where proper safty equipment if your a speed knitter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True 10.5/Drag radial class   July 21st 2010, 8:50 pm

I would really like to see more heads up racing around here also or some index class racing close to home... bracket racing is to hard for a new comer to figure out, that probley where there is not many spectators... ever go to a circle track race, look at all the fans, you dont have to think about dial ins,or redlights, or handicap starts... 1st one across stripe wins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True 10.5/Drag radial class   July 21st 2010, 9:14 pm

I agree Bill, for newbies to the sport, especially spectators, it's hard to figure out a drag race from the stands. I remember our first times at the track trying to figure out how a guy runs dead on his dial but still loses...didn't factor in reaction times....etc. A heads up or index race is alot more exciting, and easier to follow as the rules are pretty easy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True 10.5/Drag radial class   October 29th 2010, 8:32 pm

Andamo wrote:
Look at the success the 5 classes have at the Friday Night Chaos race at Norwalk. Thompson already has 3 of those classes in place, if you include the 8.90 deal, with the Asphalt Wars series. Adding the Drag Radial and Outlaw 10.5 would be great for Thompson.
Would the Renegade Warriors and Street Assassin cars be able to run either series ? I thought the Renegade Warriors were started because of nit picking rule changes at Norwalk.
The draw back I see is funding the 2 new classes with prize monies. I know Dave Roemer and the track fund the 2 Asphalt Wars classes at Thompson and I'm assuming the 8.90 deal is self funded.

Looks like Friday night Chaos is in the tank Dan, Door Wars will run maybe on Friday night with TnT or Saturday with the bracket program, Outlaw Dragster is up in the air an all other classes are cancelled. No Outlaw 10.5, Drag Radial or 8.90 Street Assasin.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291727&highlight=norwalk+chaos+cancelled
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293236&highlight=norwalk+chaos+cancelled
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294192&highlight=norwalk+chaos+cancelled

This will be good for Thompsons Heads up races an hopfully it'll spark some more interest for the Limited Street Class they are working on.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295989&highlight=Drag+Radial+true+10.5+Thompson
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True 10.5/Drag radial class   October 30th 2010, 6:09 am

I have a feeling the Door Wars portion is still up in the air too. DeCerbo and Rossler aren't happy with the deal Bader has been giving them and now with Quaker getting new ownership, I wonder if it'll return to Quaker. Both those guys live within spitting distance of the track and if they can work something out with Fox, that'll be great.
That's a shame to see all the other classes being eliminated. But I understand he brought it all on himself with the weekly rule changes.
I can't see the Door Wars and T&T running on the same night. You're going to have treaded street cars ripping up the line and the Door Wars guys bitching about the bald spots. Not a good plan in my opinion.
It looks like Bader just wants 15 points races and the big shows and that's all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True 10.5/Drag radial class   October 31st 2010, 6:35 pm

Looks loike you guys might be headed to Milan after all Andamo????? Quaker would be nice but I'm afraid I'd sit one out an watch before hitting the track. Its been a while sense anything fast has been on it an last time Door Wars were there it was slick. It would be great to see Quaker start up a Heads Up race an get the track seasoned with a tanker of glue for you guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True 10.5/Drag radial class   October 31st 2010, 6:51 pm

We'd love to run at Milan, and who knows. I guess by springtime we'll see a little better what will take place. I've heard many racers with the high powered cars compaining about Quaker, and I don't know what to make of that. Knowing the Swindler, he was maybe cutting the glue to make it last. I'd like to see them come in and grind the surface and then properly add the the CORRECT traction compound. Time will tell.

It looks like we've made the last runs with the Cobalt. There is a test session scheduled for this Friday at PRP, but they're calling for cold weather and the possibility of snow ! Since we're all out of Goodyear 17'' Suburbanites, I think we'll pass on this session. The motor and trans. need to be at Haas' by mid Nov. to get installed and fitted in the new GXP. We have new Dam Best carbs that need to be fitted to the scoop. So it looks like around maybe the 10th, the motor, trans and golf cart will be going to St. Louis. They're saying the car will be completed by mid December paint and all. So another trip back out then to get it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True 10.5/Drag radial class   October 31st 2010, 8:54 pm

dang! a new body already, the CoBalt looked like new yet.

Now that the Swindler is gone maybe a quality race track will finally sprout from the rubble he left. So much there to work with for the right people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True 10.5/Drag radial class   November 1st 2010, 5:56 am

Actually Don, it's not just a body, it's a complete car from the ground up. The Cobalt was built in 2006 and was the former NHRA Pro Stocker of Dave Connelly for a short while and then Larry Nance bought it, tested with it and ran just 1 national event with it. He lost his B'laster sponsorship and sold it to a place in Oklahoma that buys up race cars. It's amazing how the technology has changed in just 4 years on these cars. There will be more Titanium in the GXP, the fire bottles will get moved out of the cockpit and onto the front rails and a bunch of other things they've learned. Plus, the car was built with a 500 cube motor in mind so the tubing thickness has been increased because of the torque of the 828. So it'll be pretty trick for a few weeks anyhow. lol Not near as trick as DeCerbo's car is though. I'm just glad I'm not picking up the tab on the GXP. I'd have to go back to work and work till is was 188 years old !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True 10.5/Drag radial class   

Back to top Go down

True 10.5/Drag radial class
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Racing-
Jump to: