Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, Dec. 7th at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Share | 

its working

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: its working   October 17th 2010, 7:45 pm

Lil Z finally got his gremlins set aside an the car is running like it otta. We went to Thompson today an he made his first pass with the wheels a few feet up off the line, twice, he lifted ,he peddled, then eased off the throttle passed the 1/8 an layed down a 9.50. He came back around to the pitts an gathered his witts then went back out for a second pass, this time he lowered the RPM on the brake to 2500 to ease the launch some. He left flat out with all four tires on the ground with a casual 1.30 / 60ft - a 5.72 / 1/8mi - an a 8.93 @ 153mph through the traps 1/4 mile pass, ALL MOTOR!!!! His car definatly got a little more with the starting line hit harder with some wheely bars out back , then comes some nitrous passes.

Amac had his fastest pass to date also today, a 9.40 !!! That ole Thompson track ain't half bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its working   October 17th 2010, 8:23 pm

The perfect combo for the 8.90 renegade race! Them boyz better watch out for the Z team....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its working   October 17th 2010, 8:28 pm

There were some of the 8.90 guys there today an seen him lay down that pass. I'm sure they are rethinking how he's gonna be beat.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: its working   October 17th 2010, 8:29 pm

We had a good time at TRP today even though it was very crowded. There was a lot of nice fast cars to look at and all of the entry money went to a good cause [Children] Like Mr Z said Lil Z got a ride and so did I and Toot had a big smile on his face we didn,t do any racing but it was well worth the trip !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its working   October 17th 2010, 9:52 pm

Yeah we had some fun out there. I don't mind the crowd and stuff as long as all the fun was for a good cause. It was great hanging out with Toot, his nephew, Skip, Tom, and Tom's dad. Like dad said, time for some wheelie bars cause that wasn't as much fun as one would think it is, haha. Car's in one piece with no major repairs for next year. Just more improvements.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its working   October 18th 2010, 7:03 am

Wow, a 8.93 and all motor to boot ! Congrats Don. See what marriage will do for you ! That 1 run should hold you over the winter. Looks like there will be a father/son team in 2011 that'll be kicking butts and taking names.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its working   October 18th 2010, 5:43 pm

Yeah I went out with a good run, couldn't be happier about that. Now I can run my lip all winter, haha. We'll get some wheelie bars on order and launch harder for some 8.80's or better next year. Then I always got the blue bottle if that's not enough. I'm glad that I don't have to spray it to run the 8.90 race, that was my goal.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: its working   October 18th 2010, 7:50 pm

You going to make your dad go to Michigan all alone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its working   October 18th 2010, 8:50 pm

He might ride along an crew chief a bit, he likes to watch my chassis react off the line an feed me data when I get back to the pitts (9-10sec later) after a pass. Besides he learns alot from watching me drive in a HeadsUp format, I do more driving than a Sprint car driver some days....little tires an big nitrous hits cause that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its working   October 18th 2010, 8:53 pm

We'll see, I'll just spectate if I get a chance to go. We'll see how work is looking at the end of the week. We're short handed with vacations and whatnot, and one guy is in the hospital. If I can get some rest this week I'll go, if not, I'll just relax here. I'm done for the year with my car. Figure I'll go out on a positive note, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its working   October 18th 2010, 9:04 pm

Here's Toot and Skip making some passes....

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its working   October 18th 2010, 9:06 pm

Better get used to this view...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its working   October 18th 2010, 9:11 pm

The 8.90 pass! I'll post the other pictures from attempt one when I get them, haha.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: its working   October 18th 2010, 9:14 pm

Yeah both cars I lined up with were 7 second cars one was a low 7 car I was way back there getting some kind of envy complex starts with a P LMAO
Back to top Go down
NDA Racer

PostSubject: Re: its working   October 18th 2010, 9:24 pm

Very cool! Congrats on the N/A 8sec pass!
Back to top Go down
10secvega

PostSubject: Re: its working   October 19th 2010, 6:50 am

Verry good,feels good after settin out for awhile?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its working   October 19th 2010, 12:11 pm

Yeah it's good to be back! Pretty big jump from 10.50's to 8.90's but I'll adapt...
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: its working   October 19th 2010, 12:17 pm

Little Z28 wrote:
Yeah it's good to be back! Pretty big jump from 10.50's to 8.90's but I'll adapt...

I should have got a picture of that smile on your face lol good job
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its working   October 19th 2010, 6:42 pm

Toot wrote:
Little Z28 wrote:

I should have got a picture of that smile on your face lol good job

Thanks Toot. I'm having a good time back behind the wheel. Now to make a few changes this winter and come back better than before!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: its working   October 20th 2010, 8:13 am

You,re not done yet Lil Z that thing is just getting started !!! heck I,m gonna put some relays in my monza LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its working   November 1st 2010, 10:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: its working   

Back to top Go down

its working
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Racing-
Jump to: