Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, July 6th, at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Share | 

Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Predictions   December 18th 2010, 2:47 pm

Anyone have a prediction if Don Turner will break into the 4's in the upcoming season ? If the car runs a 7.94 now, that figures out to be a 5.057 in the 8th. With the new heads that'll suck the moon outta the sky, I think a 4 is on the horizon. I understand that the maker of Depends undergarments has been in contact with Don as a rep for their products. Of course, this would be the Industrial Depends line they carry. Good luck Don and I hope I'm there to see the run. As far as the Depends part, Sandy.......get ready ! LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   December 18th 2010, 5:51 pm

If she ain't in the 4's there will be some good parts for sale, an lots of em. I'm expecting high 5.2's N/A cause its been 5.46-5.48 before with the ole setup. If that comes true 4's are easy. We were comparing some 12 degree ProFilers yesterday at Transfer Perf an my intake ports are about a 1/4 inch taller than they were, hope that helps the power some on nitrous. That 7.94 was at 3010#, I've been 5.07 - 5.08 all day at Milan @3110#, with some weight off it would have seen 4's this year but Milan got the best "hook" an requires 3100 minimun with a BBC an nitrous so ya gotta puzzle all the possibilitys together to say it will happen in your mind but in the end there is still no 4 second slip no matter how ya calculate it,lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   December 18th 2010, 6:03 pm

It'll happen, I'm almost certain of it. And.....Skip and Rocky better up their game cause I got some blue bottles to try out next year and that number two trophy looked awefully nice....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   December 18th 2010, 6:45 pm

Ok, it looks like like gauntlet has been thrown down ! If anyone that's a member of the Quarter Eights club lays down the FIRST verifiable 4.99 or lower run, I have a not too crisp $100 bill for them. Now this has to be verified by a fellow club member or track time slip. I realize $100 is a drop in the bucket for what you guys have tied up in your combos, but I think this will be a lot of incentive and fun. Plus, if this happens, I'll give a equal amount to a animal rescue organization of your choice. I love my cats and dogs so the money will go towards them. And to answer your thoughts and questions, no, by no means am I a wealthy person and can afford to throw money around. But I love drag racing and I love my critters like unfortunate dogs and cats. It's time to have fun and pay back the the sport, and animals, I love. And by the way, if none of you ''candy asses'' can break into the 4's or less, I'll send a check for $200 to a animal rescue organization you all think it shoud go to at the end of the season.

Last edited by Andamo on December 19th 2010, 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   December 18th 2010, 7:52 pm

We've got some 650 jets we can put in the fogger if it won't run 4's.....
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   December 18th 2010, 8:13 pm

You guys are going really fast i want to see this! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://facebook.com

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   December 18th 2010, 8:30 pm

5 hours or so gone by an only 5 differant responses , 29 views so 25 or so fellows are just watching close an are skeered of the Z hitting the 4's.

I didn't know ya were a "Aminal Lover" Dan, me too, some of my best friends in life have been dogs, they give ya there total life an ask for nuthing in return except kindness. If I'm first in the 4's I'll kick in the $100 I win an match it with another $100 to a rescue shelter too. My dog Benji was a rescued dog (twice), an I wake up nearly every morning to his hairy lil face laying next too me on my pillow, that ain't right I tell ya but I wouldn't say a word to him !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   December 19th 2010, 12:46 am

Oh what the heck, if you put it in the 4's I'll toss in $100 bucks. That'll be $400 for a rescue shelter in the area. This could turn out to be quite fun and helpful. Good idea Dan!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   December 19th 2010, 7:01 am

Don, yep I have dogs and cats since I was in 1st grade in school. We have 3 cats now, one I found beside the road and brought home and the other 2 have wandered in as strays. We're pretty lucky in the respect our neighbor down behind us was a vet tech. So any time we have a question, Kerri is there to answer. They take in rescue animals also and have 2 horses, 2 goats, 2 dogs and a whole bunch of cats. All are treated well and now have good lives.
Our 1 cat Igloo, has something called megacolon and has to get medicine twice a day to keep his waste material moving. It takes both Paula and I to give him the meds and this is why I can't travel with the race team for anything over a day. Kerri and Paulas sister have offered to help, but Iggy is our obligation and he comes first before any racing.
Benji is a lucky fellow to end up with good folks like you. Like you say, all they ask is kindness and they repay it back 100 times over.
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   December 19th 2010, 7:06 am

Damn this just aint right, I've been slappled with that that NOS and Oil soaked Gauntlet , the Dogs are needing shelter , and there are all kind of $$$ signs floating around !....and You guys have My Vet suck in a Snow Bank so I cant get to it . it just aint right !
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   December 19th 2010, 7:27 am

I'm not stuck in a snow bank but I think it will take a miracle (like Frosty the snowman) for me to get anywhere near the 4's lol
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   December 19th 2010, 7:31 am

Hell..I dont even know if the Vet is still in the trailer, I've heard rumor that Skip has come into a lot of $$$ lately ???
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   December 19th 2010, 8:30 am

I thought that Trailer I was buying looked familiar Got a killer deal on Dewalt Generator too.... lol!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   December 19th 2010, 10:41 am

This 4.99 thing is that 330 feet or 660 feet ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   December 19th 2010, 10:52 am

660' = 1/8 mile
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   December 19th 2010, 12:49 pm

the only way anyone is going to be running in the 4's is they better have at least 30 to 35k in the motor!
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   December 19th 2010, 12:52 pm

that Blue Bottle works wonders !!!.....Got NOS ?
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   December 19th 2010, 2:48 pm

I was hoping somebody would say 330 feet oh well there goes my chances LOL I also have always had a soft spot for Dogs [Frankie] and attack cat,s [tigger] so this deal is very generous count me in for 50.00.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   December 19th 2010, 3:14 pm

Brock Spangler wrote:
the only way anyone is going to be running in the 4's is they better have at least 30 to 35k in the motor!

Not true....
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   December 19th 2010, 4:05 pm

thats not counting nitrous i am just talking about being on just motor but you still have to have 10 to 15k even if your running nitrous to be in the 4's less there is some kind of other tricks to go really fast that i dont know about?
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   December 19th 2010, 4:23 pm

Andamo wrote:
Ok, it looks like like gauntlet has been thrown down ! If anyone that's a member of the Quarter Eights club lays down the FIRST verifiable 4.99 or lower run, I have a not too crisp $100 bill for them. Now this has to be verified by a fellow club member or track time slip. I realize $100 is a drop in the bucket for what you guys have tied up in your combos, but I think this will be a lot of incentive and fun. Plus, if this happens, I'll give a equal amount to a animal rescue organization of your choice. I love my cats and dogs so the money will go towards them. And to answer your thoughts and questions, no, by no means am I a wealthy person and can afford to throw money around. But I love drag racing and I love my critters like unfortunate dogs and cats. It's time to have fun and pay back the the sport, and animals, I love. And by the way, if none of you ''candy asses'' can break into the 4's or less, I'll send a check for $200 to a animal rescue organization you all think it shoud go to at the end of the season.

Maybe we can get a few tracks on board if you do it at there track they would match the kitty lol... so to speak
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Predictions   

Back to top Go down

Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Racing-
Jump to: