Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, Sept. 7th, at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Share | 

Meetings not at the Lube anymore

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   January 2nd 2011, 6:15 pm

Toot wrote:
Well instead of beating around the bush I will come right out and say it.
The only Cruze In's I want to do is my truck setting in the pitts waiting my next pass down the dragstrip. If that is what you are into that is great, and I have been in a Cruze before but, I did't join a "cruze in club". If there is a race and a Cruze on the same day I will be at the track.

I don't think the idea of changing the meeting place is to convert to a bunch of "Car Cruisers" Toot. I think the Lube is foolish to not invite 40-50 eating an drinking people once a month to stop in. Charlie B actually might want our business an if a car cruise breaks out I'll still come, I've got a few cars to ride in with that I won't take to the Lube because I can't watch em close nuff. We'll still be drag racing regularly an I think we'll still make ya smile wether at the Lube or Charlie B's Toot buddy,lol. Having the meeting on Saturday would be great for winter but in the summer it would replace one night of racing a month that some enjoy. Maybe we could stagger the meetings nights from winter and summer to make everyone happy an perticipate more with the club. Just a few ideas I had to toss around I thougt might help all have a good time.

It might be appropriate that we have the vote at the end of the meeting an if Charlie B's win we all get up an walk out together to create a vacume in the lube from our exit, then maybe they'll realize they need the business!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   January 2nd 2011, 7:32 pm

Very Well Said Don !!!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   January 7th 2011, 10:15 pm

I called Chuck Hodge today [Charlie B,s] and let him know how the vote turned out he is excited to have us there, we talked for some time mostly me answering his questions I am sure he will try his best to make us feel at home. He also said that thur. night is the night he works and he would get a chance to talk to us he is very concerned with the club being able to use his restaurant. I think this might turn out to be a great meeting place I know it is further for some members to travel and that is a concern of mine but hopefully it will be worth it.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   January 22nd 2011, 8:01 am

Puppy R.,Ken g. and myself went to Charlie B,s last night to get something to eat and Chuck Hodge was there he was excited to talk with us and very concerned about making the club feel at home we had a good time and yes Pineapple he said he would have .35 cent wings the night of the meeting LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   January 22nd 2011, 2:13 pm

amac wrote:
Puppy R.,Ken g. and myself went to Charlie B,s last night to get something to eat and Chuck Hodge was there he was excited to talk with us and very concerned about making the club feel at home we had a good time and yes Pineapple he said he would have .35 cent wings the night of the meeting LOL
Thanks Amac for finding us a new home....cheap wings and i'm in! http://youngstown.entertainment.com/discount/Charlie_Bs_Restaurant__Lounge/coupon/11703238117RED01102266EPC00499999PRD00000001.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   January 22nd 2011, 5:51 pm

I think Charlie will have a hard time getting rid of us once we all settle in an start eating vittles on a monthly bassis.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   January 22nd 2011, 7:32 pm

I hope you guy's don't beat this guy up for free stuff and discounts to bad he is giving us a room isn't that enough ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   January 22nd 2011, 9:27 pm

Toot wrote:
I hope you guy's don't beat this guy up for free stuff and discounts to bad he is giving us a room isn't that enough ?

I remember a few years ago at the car cruises down at the Lube, the cruisers sat around outside with coolers an picnic baskets complaining that the Lube wouldn't give em any more free shirts an the DJ wasn't the one they liked, they wanted parking closer to the building an not out back. Well the Lube's cruises faded away because the cruisers wouldn't spend any money at the bar or eat anytthing inside but felt the Lube owed em because their cars were the "Show" outside. Charlie is definatly hoping we'll come an spend some money for sure an we should help him out. Thinking he owes us would be ungrateful if ya ask me, we are just a bunch of customers an should act that way, I'm sure he will treat us pretty good.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   January 23rd 2011, 8:46 am

Well said guys we should let Charlie know we want him to stick around and keep a place for us to meet.Heck most places would charge for the room we,re getting that for free so come to the meeting eat good leave a tip,and let Chuck know that we need him as much as he needs us. This club has always had good clean calm meetings and we like to eat so maybe this can be our last move and Chuck will help us and the club will get even more recognition we will continue to move in a positive direction and the good people we have in this club make that easy!!!
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   January 23rd 2011, 10:27 am

so are we going to change the title to " Meetings at Charlie B's "....?
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   January 23rd 2011, 6:27 pm

Rocs61vet wrote:
It is this week probably get voted on I think it is a trial run.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   January 24th 2011, 8:39 am

Toot is right if the club likes it great if they don,t I,ll go on another mission to find another place whatever the club decides is OK with me, like I said before a [club] decision is always going to be right for the club!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   January 28th 2011, 9:54 pm

its a 9 minute ride from rt60 to mercer exit, prolly quicker than going into sharon from rt60.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   January 29th 2011, 8:24 am

I have had a couple of club members make a suggestion that we have two meetings a month in the winter at different places and times so other members would have a chance to attend and if you think about it it,s not a bad idea. We can discuss it at Charlie B,s Thurs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   January 30th 2011, 10:23 pm

I'm not allowed out twice in the same month. Mrs Z runs a tight ship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   January 31st 2011, 6:01 am

Wow Don, sounds like you're beyond hen pecked, you're buzzard bitten. lol
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   January 31st 2011, 9:03 am

Lol...
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   February 3rd 2011, 10:35 pm

Well it,s official Charlie B,s was a home run we had a fantastic turnout and the food was a little slow but good and very well priced and I think the more meetings we have the better it will get. Everyone there was happy to see us and to have us there I think it will work out just fine. When you have a club full of the kind of people that ours has it is easy to do anything you don,t have to be all formal you can just be yourself and that takes all the stress out .This club just runs on autopilot we welcomed four new members from the grove city cruisers last night Gary, Larry, Larry jr.and Ed super nice guy,s. Larry jr is the pres. of The Grove City Cruisers and we are glad to have them.I asked them if they all had 7 to 8 second quarter mile cars and they looked at me like I was crazy LOL but I get those looks a lot.Anyway we had a good time with over 40 members showing up it was great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   February 4th 2011, 9:24 pm

Yes Sir, Charlie did good an we showed up like we said we would. It was a pretty good meeting too with lots of new ideas from members that got voted on an the membership made their decisions in a democratic way the way a club should be run! I liked Charlie B's an the food was good too. You do a great job with the meetings Amac an keep us chuckling with your southern style. Lets find some summer activitys so we can bring em up at the next few meetings for more voting an maybe get a plan started for things members can do with one anothercause summers coming fast(dont look outside). activities will keep us from getting in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   February 5th 2011, 9:58 am

Rocs61vet wrote:

I changed it to NOT at the lube.
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   February 5th 2011, 10:07 am

I Like It !!!.............. lol!
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   February 7th 2011, 8:21 pm

How has everyone been? we are getting closer and closer to spring cant wait to see eveyone at the track!
Back to top Go down
http://facebook.com
Firebird Benson
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   February 8th 2011, 10:33 am

Sitting back and looking at everything, it seems were starting a reality t.v. show.
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   February 8th 2011, 3:05 pm

Lets see how good you are !
http://americantorque.com/game/4/18/#cntnt
Back to top Go down
Firebird Benson
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Meetings not at the Lube anymore   February 8th 2011, 6:16 pm