Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, August 2nd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Share | 

Hobbies

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Hobbies   January 8th 2011, 9:03 am

Since it seems we all share a mutual interest in cars and racing, what other hobbies do you folks have ? I've been a collector of old drag racing memoribilia for quite a few years now. I've slowed down buying items since retiring. I have a complete collection of Hot Rod Magazines from 1948 to 1975. Only 1 of the 1948 issues are the real deal and the rest are the repops they put out in 1987. I have a trophy from the second NHRA national race in 1956 plus 2 dash plaques from the first event in 1955 in Great Bend, Kansas. I read a lot, so I have many old books about drag racing and early hot rodding.
Let hear what you're into and some background on what your hobbies and pursuits are. Never know how many of us might share the same hobbies, and that would be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   January 8th 2011, 9:36 am

I have a few Racing Champions from the 90's mostly drag cars and some trading cards Maxx 88,89,90 ,Pro Set and a few old Hot Wheels.

One thing I don't collect Old Shoes. lol but I do have my old Carhartt's from 15 yrs ago and they fit again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   January 8th 2011, 10:25 am

Other than racing, hmmmm.

Hunting, shooting, fishing, camping....I have a nitro RC truck that I terrorize the neighborhood with...that's about it, other than work.

Here's the RC truck. It's a 2.5 TMaxx with an HPI body, RPM a-arms and bumpers. New Traxxis cooling head, pull starter, reverse delete, and the 2 speed automatic. I have a 3.3 for it with new exhaust pipe and a few other goodies but waiting on the 2.5 to tire out before the swap. I've had it about 12 feet in the air on several occasions. I gotta get it out soon and wear the old 2.5 out so I can test out the 60% more power of the 3.3.

Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   January 8th 2011, 2:13 pm

playing xbox! i have a card collection baseball,football,hockey,basketball cards, working on cars, reading about cars and motors so i can learn more ect.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   January 8th 2011, 6:03 pm

My hobby is working on my s10... Currently waiting for the floors to dry. Also dad put the front 2 inch drop springs on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   January 9th 2011, 6:04 pm

I hunt an fish some. Should just say I search for critters an never catch fish cause theres lots of interest with little success but I enjoy being outdoors alot. I have done some target shooting an shot clays at home before at my shooting range but My dog Benji is extremely gun shy an I try an not scare him much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   

Back to top Go down

Hobbies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Lounge-
Jump to: