Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, July 6th, at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Share | 

Gatornationals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Gatornationals   March 11th 2011, 6:48 am

Ya know, year after year folks from up north, and elsewhere, take vacation time from their jobs, pack up the cars and trailers and spend a huge amount of money to tow to Florida to race in the Gatornationals. It's sort of the unofficial opening of the drag racing season, especially for the racers here in the east. They tow down there and spend hard earned money hoping for that small bit of glory by possibly winning a national event and getting a Wally. And what kind of recognition do there folks get after doing this for many years ? Nothing ! Not even a thanks for coming thank you. But Kurt Busch decides he wants to race in Pro Stock and someone probably buys everything he needs so he can race. And he probably doesn't know a intake valve from a valve retainer. But.......who gets all the press and media people tripping over him to get interviews ? Yep, Kurt Busch and not your average racer. The NHRA wants to be like NASCAR so much they'll prostitute themselves for media coverage of any kind as long as it involves Busch. I don't know how the rest of you feel, but this pulls major vaccum as far as I'm concerned and another reason I don't watch or support the NHRA.

Ok, I'm putting my soapbox away and you all can return to your regularly scheduled lives.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gatornationals   March 13th 2011, 8:53 am

I was hoping he wouldnt quailfy but, no such luck!!! all we can hope for is a first round loss or this is all you will hear for 3 months!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gatornationals   March 13th 2011, 9:11 am

The publicity of him qualifying can only help the NHRA, which they sure as hell need with all the negative stuff swirling around. Kurt has a quality car and I thought he'd qualify. I don't know much about him other than what I read and it seems like he's somewhat a gearhead from what I've recently read. So my saying about him not knowing a intake valve from and tire valve was a error on my part. So we'll see if Erica lays a number on him in the first round today.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Gatornationals   March 13th 2011, 9:22 am

Drag racer did a story on Kurt last september he met Don Prudomme and got the drag race bug years earlier { I guess you could say the Snake got him to go straight LOL} so he fixed up a 70 Challenger {His favorite muscle car} and went to Roy Hills driving school and then started sportsman racing now all of a sudden pro stock If Erica,s car stay,s together she will prolly take him out. I would,nt want to get taken out by a little girl LOL
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Gatornationals   March 13th 2011, 9:36 am

I stayed up last night to watch Qualifying only to see college basketball who the @#&* watches that !!! ESPN sucks they are recorded when they should be live there announcer Paul Page knows less about Drag racing than Marhta Stewart I used to love Diamond P sports.They,re coverage was always excellent there announcers were well versed. Mike Dunn is the only saving grace that ESPN has he has the experience to talk in depth about Drag racing he continually has to correct Paul Page who has the personality of a stump. I would love to see someone else cover these races our club video man Wayne does a much better job than these guy,s LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gatornationals   March 13th 2011, 11:05 am

yea skip, drag racing is always put on back burner for girls softball or basketball or some other sporting event... they really need some new announcers for espn, do they know how stupid they sound...
kurt busch qualifying will bring the public eye in but, now the general public will view it as anyone can drag race... how many time have you guys heard that one???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gatornationals   March 13th 2011, 11:10 am

I understand the big problem with the NHRA and ESPN is that ESPN wants the exclusive rights to the NHRA races, but the NHRA is unwilling to give them to ESPN. I don't know what it all means, but it looks like ESPN will put the shows on a odd times, or not at all, and they also use whoever is laying around the studio as the announcer just as a show of spite. So blame the goofy times they show the races and the poor announcing on the NHRA. And yes it's childish behavior on both their parts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gatornationals   March 13th 2011, 12:48 pm

All right Erica. Welcome to Pro Stock racing Kurt...........and yes, a girl beat you.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Gatornationals   March 13th 2011, 2:46 pm

Andamo wrote:
and yes, a girl beat you.
Renee Needs a sticker with that on it
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Gatornationals   March 13th 2011, 10:23 pm

Dan you were right Kurt could,nt beat Erica boy that must have been a little hard on the ole ego. You guy,s want to keep you,re eye on Mike {Zippy} Neff he is driving and tuning that eliminates the middle man no explaining to the crew chief what the car is doing. I hope big John keeps him in that car for a while he has a lot of potential. How about those pro stock bikes going for 200 mph all it would take is a little wiff of good air and they would be there oh I forgot that,s Pro Mod bike LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gatornationals   

Back to top Go down

Gatornationals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Lounge-
Jump to: