Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, June 7th at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Share | 

Track points question

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Track points question   April 25th 2011, 7:44 am

I have a question and like to see the others feel about it. Lets say you commit to racing for points at your local track so that you can go to the bracket finals at the end of the season. So that means now you almost have to show up and race at any of the points days and you're ok with that. Part way through the season another track is having a special event at their track so some of the racers come to your track to run for the money or just want to race. Lets say one of these cars, which by the way isn't involved in your tracks points chase, beats you in the first round of eliminations that day, so maybe all you get is possibly points for showing up.

How do you think a situation like this should be handled or is it just racing and you lick your wounds and hope for a better time next week ? Most tracks take the top so many cars in each class to the bracket finals and quite possibly because of the out-of-towner, you may not be eligible to go.

I've never asked a person involved in a points chase how they would handle this and I'm just curious.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Track points question   April 25th 2011, 8:36 am

Dan what you,re describing is often called a spoiler but it usually does not effect you if you have earned enough points however in a tight spot it could hurt or help a lot. I think the reason most tracks run points is to make sure you keep coming to the track every weekend well not me I won,t be committed to one track all the time it gives you the home field advantage but I like going to other tracks and meeting the racers etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Track points question   April 25th 2011, 11:42 am

I know most folks that enter the points chase like the fact they can leave their trailer at the track after racing and sometimes with the car inside and saves the expense of towing it back and forth. Plus, many of the tracks have nice year end prizes for the top points people. Folks like to race their friends each week also for bragging rights too.
I just wonder about the racer that is maybe tied with another racer at the end of the points chase and one of them has to run the out-of-towner and ends up losing the race and the other person who they were tied with wins the track class championship. I know racing, and life, can be fickle and I just wanted to see how it should be handled.
Back to top Go down
eliminator528

PostSubject: Re: Track points question   April 25th 2011, 12:19 pm

That's racing to me. No different than the guy at the bottom of points who takes you out or the guy who races there every week, but is not in points. For that particular round, they were the better racer.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Track points question   April 25th 2011, 4:44 pm

Good answer and that's how I feel too. Just wanted to see how others feel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Track points question   April 25th 2011, 5:32 pm

It's just racing. I mean if someone comes out and cleans the leaders clock late in the rounds, then the others are still behind in the points. It could shake things up if a leader was bumped early and I would hope that most points racers understand this. Lots of them probably avoid that match up if possible if you only knew....
Back to top Go down
eliminator528

PostSubject: Re: Track points question   April 25th 2011, 11:28 pm

Little Z28 wrote:
Lots of them probably avoid that match up if possible if you only knew....

...or they just come up and ask you to blow the race so they can make the Bracket Finals team. Not going to mention names in particular, but a recent local track champion.

A problem at Quaker in the mid-late 90's was when they would pair you off side by side. You would have certain racers sitting in the back of the lanes waiting for their "prey" so to say. I guess it kind of resurfaced lately with the low car counts and their only running two lanes of each class, but I didn't see any really obvious hunting. A lot of guys would try to avoid one another and I've seen instances where people come down to the lanes, get next to a friend, then pull back out and re-enter in a few minutes.

A friend of mine, may he rest in peace, was privy to a rigged match a Drag City one time in the 90's...but that's a story for another time...
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Track points question   April 26th 2011, 8:11 am

That,s the thing about racing different tracks you don,t get involved in all that the last two times I raced at different tracks I got the track champions in the first round I lost one and won one but I did not know they,re history until I had raced them.I think the best thing to do is be as consistent as possibe try you,re best to win and don,t worry about losing because if you think you are the best the best will find you LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Track points question   

Back to top Go down

Track points question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Lounge-
Jump to: