Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, July 6th, at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Share | 

Thompson Roll Call 6-18

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Thompson Roll Call 6-18   June 14th 2011, 9:31 pm

Any one going over sign in here. Hope lots of Q8's show.

from what I seen last Saturday at Asphalt Wars the regular bracket car count didn't seem as high as last years. That will be good so the lanes arent as packed an maybe more of us will show up. I think with Quaker starting back up some guys have decided to race there this year , Thompson still had a decent car count but not packed like last year.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Thompson Roll Call 6-18   June 15th 2011, 8:26 am

It will be a good time no matter what, you,re worst day at the track is better than you,re best day at work
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thompson Roll Call 6-18   June 15th 2011, 5:23 pm

I'll be there....!!
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Thompson Roll Call 6-18   June 15th 2011, 10:12 pm

I'm was planning on going but Timmys Auto shop Class is having a car show at the Pottery Festival Downtown East Liverpool I am going to help out with sorry

Last edited by Toot on June 18th 2011, 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill

PostSubject: Re: Thompson Roll Call 6-18   June 17th 2011, 7:01 am

Well tomorrow is the big day the first club race day some of us can,t wait . I may drive down tonight and camp outside the gate [ only kidding ]. It should be a good day the Renegades will be there the track will be treated now all I have to do is keep the oil in my car lol and maybe run some rounds it will be fun just hanging out at the track.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thompson Roll Call 6-18   June 17th 2011, 12:33 pm

I wish I could be in 2 places at one time this Saturday !

Don, I think you're right and many of the old Quaker regulars have returned to the roost. The weekly payout and end-of-year payouts are better at Quaker than Thompson, so that's why you're seeing less cars in the lanes.
I'll be at Quaker on Saturday and seeing how the track will hold some of the quicker cars, plus I'm meeting a fellow I've been ''talking'' with on the web for over a year now. It's going to be nice to put a name and face together finally.

And don't forget my offer from last year club members, the first car owned and driven by a QEDRC member that runs in the 4's (1/8th mile) gets a not too crisp $100. Plus another $100 will go towards the animal shelter of their choice in the clubs name. Gotta help out our little critters especially in these hard times.
Good luck and race safe to all of you tomorrow and keep me posted on some of your times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thompson Roll Call 6-18   June 19th 2011, 11:56 pm

It was a nice weekend for racing other than some humitidy. Had a good time at Thompson other than Rocky's mishap. Glad you're okay man. Was a little disappointed that more club members didn't come, but we had a good time. It was nice meeting Phil N, way to represent in the 10.50 class, hope you come back for some more. I had fun in 8.90 and dad had some fun in OLS. We'll be back in July for some more. I'm hoping I can make it the 3rd, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Hopefully damage is minimal, if any at all. With any luck it'll just be a weak oil pump and couple of blown header gaskets on the passenger side. Motors out and on the way to Transfer Performance tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thompson Roll Call 6-18   June 20th 2011, 12:42 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR1HqnCrLJc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thompson Roll Call 6-18   June 20th 2011, 12:45 am

Here's some photos of us that Johnboy Ulman took on Saturday....

Back to top Go down
Phil N
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Thompson Roll Call 6-18   June 20th 2011, 9:17 pm

well I made it to thompson on Sat. Really sorry to see what happened to Rocky's car It was the first time I met him and he is a real nice guy. thought about him a lot on the way home. Got to meet Don SR. and JR. nice guys and there cars are great. as for me I tryed the 10.50 renegade class I really couldn't run the number with the heat and all .best time trial 10.69 put me number 8 on the ladder . had one heck of a time with the pro tree my best reaction time was a awful .171 but it seemed most guys in the class were like me . I met up with the event winner in round 2, had him by .032 on the tree but not enough as he had more power then me and went 10.57 to my 10.65 . Keith P and Skip were there good guys to BS with. really looking forward to my first trip to Magnolia on the 10th hope to see a bunch of you guys there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thompson Roll Call 6-18   June 21st 2011, 6:17 am

If you can find about 100# to get rid of on the car, you'd be right in the hunt in the 10.50 class. It's good to see you qualified though.
Back to top Go down
msmith

PostSubject: Re: Thompson Roll Call 6-18   June 22nd 2011, 12:15 am

I qualified 9th with the red and black 62 nova with the primered doors and got beat out first round with a 10:70 qualify and 10:69 round one.Got to get used to the pro tree and need alot of tuning to my car.in may I ran a 10:56 right off the trailer with a 1.40 60ft on 26x9 tires.Phil N beat me first round he got out of the hole and I couldn't catch him.But I will be coming back to Thompson for along time especially for the Renegade series.Everyone I have talked too there are exceptionally polite and have invited me back.The hour and a half drive is worth it.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Thompson Roll Call 6-18   June 22nd 2011, 4:06 am

when is the next renegade race? I want to go!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://facebook.com
Toot
Club Member
Club Member

PostSubject: Re: Thompson Roll Call 6-18   June 22nd 2011, 11:01 am

Brock Spangler wrote:
when is the next renegade race? I want to go!!!!!!!
What ? You want to go somewhere other than Sunset? I think the next renegade race is July 3rd at Thompson.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thompson Roll Call 6-18   

Back to top Go down

Thompson Roll Call 6-18
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Racing-
Jump to: